Monday, December 11, 2006

How about a poem?


River and Jar

I asked him to leave.
The reasons were there.
No argument.
No rebuttal.

It’s the right thing.
The best thing.
This I know.

Yet it’s lonely here with subsided anger.
Emptiness and non-emotion remain.

A stagnant pond.

Unaffected by the river, as
Life continues to flow by.

It’s not exactly sadness that has engulfed me,
but rather an enormous jar has been placed over me.
Sounds are muffled, space is confined, the air is thick and sparse.

I can’t lift the jar away.
I try, but can only push it along.
It takes great effort.
How long?

The pushing makes me tired.
So I sleep alot.
When I wake the jar is still there.

Just as change placed it over me, only change can remove it.
I pray for change to take hold of my hand.

Lead me back to the river and the cool breeze.

2 comments:

Hand said...

I know you have bought your ticket, so get on the boat. HE is calling you to action.

The Hatchling Press said...

Too bad HE can't make that "action" a bit clearer!